CRICKET WEEK 2019 IS NEARLY HERE!
Mon Jul 22 - Fri Jul 26 (bar open from 12noon every day)
We've got plenty of fun in store for the young and the young at heart here at The Green this coming Cricket Week.
Click HERE to visit the Cricket Week page on this club website.
You'll find attached to this email an easy-to-print image taken from the club website's Cricket Week 2019 page, which shows a day-by-day list of the cricket and evening activities thereafter.
Cricket matches will start between 1.00pm and 2.00pm each day, with tea taken at 4.00pm and the aim to finish all games by 6.30pm latest.
Including advice for parents wishing to bring kids along, here's a run-down of the evening activities:
NOTE: all timings are approximate and rely on helping hands for set-up...
Monday July 22
- 7.00pm: Giant Slip & Slide - an annual favourite, as young and old take to diving down the length of our two cricket pitch covers, aided by a constant supply of water and washing-up liquid to aid travel!
IDEAL for kids of all ages. Swimming costumes recommended along with a towel and change of clothes.
- 8.30pm: A Question Of Sport - inside the clubhouse this one, for those who enjoy sporting facts. Teams of (ideally) 3, knockout format working towards a final as evening goes on.
IDEAL for know-it-all teenagers and adults.
Tuesday July 23
- 7.00pm: Giant Football Darts
IDEAL for kids of age 7 upwards. Kicking velcro footballs towards a 4-metre high giant dart board. Free to play, donation to fundraising if we run a competition on the night.
- 8.00pm: WWE Wrestling Fancy Dress - reworking a massive hit of a few years ago. We've hired a giant inflatable with pugil sticks and podiums in the middle to battle it out, with time exclusive to kids first before the adults take over.
IDEAL fancy dress opportunity for kids of all ages for their favourite WWE superstar. Prizes for the best-dressed WWE superstar. Pugil sticks for use by those aged 10 and over only.
Wednesday July 24
- 7.00pm: Beer Pong World Championships - this is, by definition, an adults-only competition. However our intention is to run a NOT-BEER PONG tournament for kids on trestle tables outside, weather permitting.
We are trying to fundraise with some fun match betting on the adult games, courtesy of friend of the club Flynn who is bringing down his Star Sports electronic bookie's board to help us.
IDEAL for kids from age 5 upwards who can at least throw a ping-pong style ball around two metres to take part in the Not-Beer Pong version of the evening.
Thursday July 25
- 8.00pm (or sooner): Play Your Cards Right inside the clubhouse. Traditional TV gameshow format with small prizes on offer when a winner is declared at the end of each game.
IDEAL for kids of all ages.
Friday July 26
- 6.00pm onwards: Disco with Steve Wright. He'll have plenty of kids stuff to play, with Friday of Cricket Week a great chance to be up at the club with your family and relax throughout the evening.
Details of all these fun activities are also listed - along with imagery - at our Facebook page. Please search Leverstock Green CC Players & Supporters and asked to be added if you're not already part of the group.
Food will be available on all evenings and, as stated, the club is effectively open for business from 12noon until late every day.
You and your wider family and friends are all very welcome to come to The Green and spend time here; to enjoy a drink at the bar, for the kids to use the net facilities or to watch the cricket.
We are aware of our obligation to be kind and courteous to our neighbours, so we would ask that - at all times - LGCC members and their guests behave in a manner befitting of this great club of ours that sits right at the heart of its community.
Let's once again show that LGCC is the place to be. We look forward to welcoming you all for a marvellous week's cricket and entertainment.
T he LGCC Management Committee